Sunday, January 4, 2009

We are going to Renton today to visit one of my favorite stores...IKEA! They have some nice "put together yourself" furniture for people who can't afford the expensive stuff from furniture stores. My parents are coming to visit in two weeks, and I wanted to have our apartment looking somewhat decorated. I plan to get:
-stuff for the entryway. Right now its a pile of shoes and wire shelf from Target.
-a dresser for our bedroom. Maybe it will help keep our clothes off the floor? Unlikely.
-tv stand and bookcase for the living room. We are using a tv stand that Scott found in the dumpster and it clashes with the nice LazyBoy couch and ottoman/coffee table.
-a computer desk!! Our desktop has been sitting on the floor for the last 6 months.

The only complication is that all we own is a Jeep wrangler. Hopefully everything will fit! Last time we went to Ikea, I had to hold the boxes down because they stuck out so far from the back of the Jeep, we were afraid they would fall out! This time we know the city a little better and I have a route planned to avoid all the big hills!

I still haven't done any painting since we moved in, so just two walls are done. I don't have to work again until Thursday night, so I am planning and getting a lot done in the next couple of days. My goals include: painting entryway and last wall of living room, hanging all of our pictures, hanging pot rack in kitchen (we have VERY limited space), moving the dogs potty area outside, and putting together all the stuff we are going to get today!! Let's see if I get anything done, or if I just sleep in front of the tv.

1 comments:

JSGrey said...

mmm yah - bonding...that's good - haha