Monday, November 10, 2008

Well, we are all settled into the new place. Somehow it looks and feels a lot bigger than our other apartment which is supposedly the exact same size. Oh well. I'll take it!! Not much else has been going on lately. I voted for the first time this year, and feel really good about it even though the candidate I voted for lost. It's awful being a republican in Seattle...EVERYONE up here talks crap about them and are in love with Obama, even though most of them don't even know his stances on important subjects. It's incredibly frustrating to talk about politics, so I just keep my mouth shut mostly.

I'm adjusting to nights, although I had a horrible cold this past week. It seemed like work would never end. I did have a really good experience though. There was an 86 year old woman that had heart surgery (crazy huh?), and wasn't doing well. I had the patient across the hall, so I was helping the nurse out throughout the night. Then, she took a turn for the worse and began to code. There was so much hussle in the room, her daughter stood in the corner terrified and crying. I walked in and put my arm around her and began explaining everything they were doing. She seemed really freaked out at the time, but apparently I made an impression. A couple nights later she found me and thanked me for thinking of her while everything was going on. It made me feel good :) and I thought to myself...THIS is why I became a nurse. It's amazing to have the opportunity to help people when they are at their most vulnerable.

Anywho, my plan for the week is to paint, work, and then on Friday I get to GO HOME for a couple of days! Sooooo excited!!!

:) Val Pal

0 comments: