Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Location: Jackson Hole, WY

Total Miles Driven: 2007



We made our way to Salt Lake City, UT after shopping. We circled the Temple and took some pictures. Then, Scott decided we should go see the Great Salt Lake. That was an interesting trip. For some reason, there were tons of dead birds around the lake. The smell wasn't too great, and there were tons of knats! We only stayed long enough to get a few pictures, and then headed back to rinse the sand/bugs off. Ewwwww.



We didn't think that Jackson Hole, WY would be a popular place, but we were wrong! We were lucky to find a hotel that still had vacancies, and even luckier that they accepted pets. Gracie had been doing well the whole trip, but decided to be a little too curious today. While we were trying to get the bags in the hotel room, she scurried past me and out the door. When I tried calling her back, she would just run farther away from me. She finally listened to Scott, and sat down when he called her. When she was back safely in the room, I almost had a meltdown thinking about how close we might have come to losing her!



We went walking up and down the town's main street and decided to eat at the Jackson Hole Grill. We didn't realize how expesive the meals were!! I got a crab pasta dish, which was VERY good. Scott got chicken and potatoes, and we both decided to be bad and ordered dessert. I had the best creme brulee that I've ever had!! It was an early night and we fell asleep with very full stomachs.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Are you now in your apartment in Seattle? Has your stuff from Houston been delivered? Have fun setting up your new home! I miss you both.

JSGrey said...

i'm guessing these two peoople got swallowed up in the wastelands somewhere between june 28th and now...

we'll miss you ..

Anonymous said...

Scott & Val . . . can you send out contact information for your new place? (i.e. phone, addr, email, etc.) Missed getting this at the wedding. I do have some wedding photos to email to you both.

Hope all is well in Seattle (and definitely cooler than Texas).

Larry & Donna
Larry_L_Bogart@Yahoo.com