Thursday, March 5, 2009
So...I have been bad about updating. Good thing is nothing much has changed in the last month. I found out why I was nauseated so much...I have H. pylori related gastritis. Two weeks of antibiotics and it should be gone! However, I might gain 50 pounds because it causes a CONSTANT metal taste in my mouth. The only time I get relief is when I am stuffing my face!
Other news:
My grandma suffered a brain bleed a little while ago. She is getting much better neurologically, but she will never be able to live on her own again. Luckily, there is a rehabilitaton hospital close to where my parents live and she was transfered there earlier this week. I am trying desperately to get back to Texas some time this month to see her and visit everyone. Hopefully it will all work out! Prayers would be appreciated because she now has pneumonia, which can be very serious for the for old farts.
My dad got assigned to a job in Bellingham, WA which is only 1.5 hours away! He was up here for two weeks, and I got to see him twice. Hopefully he will be making more trips. I miss my family so much!!
My friend Cheryl (i.e. hetero-lifemate) is coming to visit next week! I am sooo excited! I have been really homesick lately, especially after spending time with my dad, so her visit is perfect timing!
Hopefully I will be able to move to days at work sometime in April. I have gotten to the point where I can sleep for 36 hours straight! Not to mention I keep having health issues! Most recently I broke out in a rash. Hopefully it is just an allergic reaction to something, but I'm anxious for it to go away since it doesn't look so pretty. Thankfully, it's mostly covered up by my pants and long sleeves, but I can only imagine what the patients think when I walk into the room and tell them I will be their nurse for the evening.
The dogs are still wonderful. I don't want to jinx myself, but Sam hasn't had an accident in over a month! Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks!
1 comments:
good to see you have updated....you are on a roll with morning between this and facebook!
Post a Comment