Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Location: Clayton, NM

Total Miles Driven: 727



Today was a really long day of driving. We got started a little later than we planned because we were so tired from Monday that we slept in a little bit. Oops. We had a nice breakfast on the patio of a restaraunt so Gracie could sit with us. After breakfast we got on the road..and drove and drove....and drove. We were so full from breakfast that we didn't even eat lunch!!



During on of the legs of the trip I was trying to put Gracie in the back of the Jeep (we made her a little bed area) and I swear I pulled my boobie muscle (Do they have those? I am a nurse now....I should know this!) It is really sore and made it hard to shift the Jeep (aka. the Green Hornet). We saw some wonderful scenery along the way. Lots of old buildings and cute little towns. We ate dinner at a really good BBQ place called Paula's BBQ. The sauce and potato salad were some of the best I have ever had! We decided to drive a little more after dinner, and along the way, saw some gorgeous cloud formations. There were storm clouds in the distance that made the entire sky gray. I got some wonderful pictures and will upload them when we get to where we are going!! Tomorrow is going to be another long day, so I am going to get some rest.



Love everyone back in Texas and we miss you already!!

1 comments:

JSGrey said...

we miss you - it hasn't hit us yet that this is NOT vaca....

please update