Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I have registered for the NCLEX, and will be taking it this coming Monday (the 19th) at 8am. Prayers would be appreciated!! :)



Also, Scott might kill me for this, but he has been working really hard and it is paying off! One of his attendings wrote this in an email to some of the important people at UTHSC:



Good day-



I am at the end of 2 months at LBJ as always the pathology is amazing and the
patient population for the most part is exceptionally grateful. At the end of
my time I wanted to send out a few special commendations for individuals who
did an outstanding job during my attending months. Similar to an Oscar speech
the list is by no means complete but the following people warrant public
recognition. As a society we provide negative feedback on a systemwide basis
but positive feedback is often on a more modest scale. I would like to change
at least the latter trend.



Dr. Scott Bates was the intern night float during March. I wanted to parrot the
feedback that I gave him that month in a more public forum.



"I wanted to commend you for your efforts on our patient Ms X the other night.
You did an outstanding job. Your thought process, clinical acumen, and
documentation were spot on. I really appreciate your efforts and your follow
up. Our team was able to pick up from your plan and continue our efforts to
make her better. Finally, your efforts led to the first hint of her underlying
diagnosis. I understand that you are leaving us for anesthesia at the end of
the year but your clinical skills and efforts will serve you well in your
future career. Once again thank you for your diligence."



Regards,


Matthew Harbison


Assistant Professor


Associate Program Director for Internal Medicine and Pediatrics


University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston

0 comments: